Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

We have had another busy but wonderful weekend!  

On Saturday my brother in law, Joel graduated from the University of South Carolina with his Bachelor's degree.  He will be leaving for seminary in July.  It was so great to witness his accomplishment and be back at my old alma mater.  

After the graduation we ventured with family to the center of campus, The Horseshoe, to snap some photos.






Joel and his best friend, John.


Funny face.


I just thought this one was too sweet of Emmy and her Boppa!


And Emmy and her Great Ama


After taking family photos Emmalyn and I traveled to Atlanta to visit my best friend, Ashley.  She got a new job a few months ago and I have been planning to visit her for a while and the day finally came!  

On Saturday night we ate dinner at the Cheesecake Factory.  This was my first visit to the Cheesecake Factory, and I have to say, my high expectations were met!

We got a picture together after dinner since we rarely get to see each other.  Please excuse how much I've blown up lately... especially next to this pretty lady!


On Sunday we had a pretty lazy day.  We went to brunch and did some shopping.  Ashley took some photos of Emmy and me for my first Mother's Day and I"m so thankful!










3 comments:

  1. Kayla you look absolutely beautiful contrary to what you may think! You are a great mom and i admire you for doing it alone while your hubby is gone and taking it in stride! Happy mothers day! LOVE your pics and Emmalyn is so precious! This is beths sister katie by the way! hope you dont mind me reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous! You and Ashley are both hotties!! And I love Emmalyn's headband!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my apartment seems a lot less fun without a little 18 pounder crawling around cracking up over how much fun the door stop is. and my workout out wasn't nearly as awesome without someone to sympathize with that our butts might possible fall off altogether!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...