Thursday, May 13, 2010

The "Other Woman's" point of view

This post is going to be a bit of me venting about a common situation that is now all over the headlines.  My frustration has hit the top with this article.  I normally don't fall into caring about the lives of the famous (I will admit I use to) but lately it seems like a waste of brain power.  However, when I saw the headline to this article I was curious about what this "other woman" had to say.

My short response to Michelle Mcgee's "womanly" advice is that you and all of the "men you are referring to just need Jesus!!!!

This quote has Satan's influence written all over it:

"Women need to accept that. If you're going to be married to somebody, you need to know that men are not meant to be with one woman. I think you can totally love your spouse and still sleep with other women. That urge will always be there if you're a man. I believe you can love your wife 100 percent and still stray."


Oh my goodness I cannot express to you how upset I got when I first read this and how sad it makes me feel that their are actually people in this world that believe nonsense like this.  


Sex is such a sacred act that I can only imagine sharing with someone you truly and wholly love and trust.  If a man (or woman) can say they truly love their spouse and can find no reason why it is wrong to sleep with someone other than the spouse that they supposedly love so much, then God is not anywhere near the top of their priority list.


I do agree with one thing she said.  I do believe that the urge to stray is in every man, but that's where a person's faith in Jesus comes into play.  We all have sinful tendencies, but a Christian's (should be) constant attempts to be more like Christ and the unconditional love that we have all been shown by Christ is what should keep a man from straying and work on his marriage instead.  


Why is it that society has deemed marriage an institution that is doomed?  With all the cheating, excuses, prenups etc, marriage is not what God intended for it to be.  No matter what we do He (Christ) still loves us, forgives us, and give us second tries for eternity.  


It seems like some people get married because its what makes them happy at the moment or it is the "next step" in the relationship.  However, just a little while later someone else makes them happy and because society tries (and succeeds) to get us to believe that you should be happy no matter who it hurts or what the consequences are.  


This article not only upset me for the reasons above, but it shows that we as Christians are not doing our duty in spreading the word and love of Christ well enough.  If a person has Christ and knows how love is supposed to be, why would they need to find anything else apart from what God has given them...hince, their wife.  


I'm trying to sound holier than thou because I don't share the amazing love of my God nearly enough and there are certainly things in my life that I take for granted and would love a better version of, which just shows that I, along with many others, need to spend more time getting closer to God and understand why he is all we need.


Kayla : )

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree! I'm not so sure about the comment that all men have the urge to stray. I think some of it has to do with the way you were raised and you're level of maturity. I work with lots of men (a few are atheist) who believe that cheating on their spouse or significant other is wrong and that if you truely do love that person then you won't stray. But you're right that this article just goes to show you that the media is definitely trying and succeeding at keeping God out of people's lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I meant when I wrote all men have the urge to stray I was thinking of original sin and how without Christ there would be no reason not to stray. God was love first and showed the world HOW to love. There can be no love without Christ being in the picture - not true love anyway. I think in order for us to stay away from any type of sin, whether it be cheating on your spouse or gossiping, you need Christ. I don't believe that love for another human is going to completely keep you from sin - only Christ can.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...