Monday, May 17, 2010

The Late Night Diaries

It's 0215 and although I am no stranger to being awake at strange hours you would think that since I've been awake all day that I'd be tired and fall straight into dream bliss.  NOT!
The past few nights I have not been able to fall asleep for the life of me.  I feel so anxious.  I can think of a million things to do and I keep tossing and turning.  I hope this is God's way of prepping my body for exhaustion once Emmalyn arrives.

On another note, I had my last baby shower on Saturday.  I was actually late to it because my blood pressure was high and I wasn't feeling well.  Looking back at the pictures from the day I canNOT believe how swollen I was!  I mean, everyone kept saying so, but I really didn't think it was that bad - WOW was I off!  Honestly, it is hard to tell what is fat and what is excess water weight sometimes, but I can definitely tell from the pictures at the shower that my face and ankles were getting a little extra something that day.

However, despite my increasing fluid issue, the day was great!  The shower had a luau theme and Emmalyn really racked up.  I'm was especially touched by the beautiful hand crocheted blankets she received form 2 very busy coworkers that I have no idea how they found the time to make them!  They will be treasured for years!

So, right now I have about 10 projects going on at once and they are getting done little by little.  Emmalyn's hospital bag is packed, all of her clothes, linens, and blankets have been washed, and my house has gotten a bit of a facelift since my nesting has gone into turbo mode.  Hopefully tomorrow I will get more done and post a few pictures of the nursery.  Until then, I'll leave you with a few pictures from the baby shower.


A few of the lovely nursery/L&D nurses

Handmade with love!

So excited to take some pictures of Emmalyn and this!

And the belly picture.  WOW!  I keep telling myself that pregnancy looks different on everyone and I'm just not one of those cute lucky ones, but she will be out soon and all of this will show worth it.



Kayla : )

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to let you know so you don't just think I'm being nice when I tell you I think you ARE one of the "cute" pregnant women-my husband, Ben, (who remembers you from high school), saw a picture of you the other day on facebook and said, "wow! She's a really pretty pregnant woman!" I'm not making that up!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I think you're one of the cute ones!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...