Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

First of all, I'd like to thank you all for the kind words and encouragement from my last post.  After reading the comments, praying, and telling my frustrations to Caleb (since now he has more than enough time to hear them) I feel much better about not being as prepared as I would like to be.  

With that said, today was such a good day.  I really wasn't feeling like going to church, but got myself up anyway and as Caleb and I were out the door he slipped this to me...





I started crying as soon as I laid eyes on it.  Honestly, I was feeling a bit jealous of my friends who have already had their 2010 babies and had the physical child in their arms to make them feel like a true mother.  I really didn't think Caleb would do anything for me today, but I guess I underestimated him.

Then, I opened the card which said this...



I don't know if you can read it, but it is exactly what I needed from him.  Even though I haven't been through the hard part of being a mother yet, I do feel like I've earned a little resignation for the job I've done so far.  

Anyway, I'd like to say Happy Mother's Day to all the women who have been motherly influences in someone's life and all of the women who soon will be mothers.

And, in light of the motherly celebration, I have a few old pictures to share of some women that have shaped me. 

This is 3 generations.  My grandmother, mother and me at one of my bridal showers that was held in the house that my great-grandmother lived in for 15+ years.  Although I don't have a picture of my great-grandmother, Daisy, she, along with my grandmother, Boo (at least that's what we call her), have been amazing Godly figures in my life.  Not only are they mothers to me, but they have both become friends to me and I will never forget all that they have taught me.

Next, is me and my mom at my graduation party that I shared with my best bud, KB.  WOW, what I wouldn't give to look like that again!  Anyway, I'm blessed to have this woman in my life and I think she's pretty stoked about being a grandma!

Last, is a picture of 3 generations with my aunt in there.  My aunt, Cindy, had been my best bud since I was little.  She was only 17 when I was born, so I was like her baby doll that she could spoil and then give back to my mom.  She's awesome and I can talk to her about anything.  She has been extremely helpful since Caleb joined the Army because she has been a military wife for about 17 years now.

I could go on and on about all the women who have my an influence in my life, but I'll save you that!  I hope you have had a wonderful mother's day and have let the women that mean the most in your life know how much they are appreciated.



Kayla : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...