Wednesday, May 26, 2010

24 days...

As I attempt to patiently await Emmalyn's arrival I feel like the days are creeping by.  Everyday I just wait for some sign that she will be making her debut soon.  Are the increasingly frequent braxton hicks contractions really making progress, when will she "drop," what will my new stats be at this week's Dr. appointment?  There are so many questions running through my head every day.  With all the uncertainty surrounding each day now, I just keep thinking about how wonderful it is going to be when I finally hold her in my arms.

As I was thinking about that day that seems so close but yet unattainable at the same time I remembered this song that I have loved for years.  When I listened to it again it sounded like a mother talking to her child and it definitely expresses how much I already love and would do for Emmalyn.

For You I Will - Monica


Yes, when you're feeling lost in the night
When you feel your world just ain't right
Call on me, I will be waiting
Count on me, I will be there
Anytime the times get too tough
Anytime your best ain't enough
I'll be the one to make it better
I'll be there to protect you, see you through
I'll be there, and there is nothing, I won't do

1-I will cross the ocean for you
I will go and bring you the moon
I will be your hero, your strength, anything you need
I will be the sun in your sky
I will light your way for all time, promise you
For you I will, yes yeah, yeah

I will shield your heart from the rain
I won't let no harm come your way
Oh, these arms will be your shelter
No, these arms won't let you down
If there is a mountain to move
I will move that mountain for you

I'm here for you, I'm here forever
I will be your fortress tall and strong
I'll keep you safe, I'll stand beside you right or wrong

Lay my life on the line, for you I will fight, oh
For you I will die, with every breath, with all my soul
I'll give my word, I'll give it all
Put your faith in me, put your faith in me
And I'll do anything



I know there is no need to want to rush things because potentially I have her for the rest of my life, but it is really hard  to feel her moving and imagining what she looks like and sounds like and thinking about my future with her and her dad.  I just so excited about being a mom.  

So, blogland, I need prayers for peace and patience.  And, you might want to pray for Emmalyn too because if I'm this crazy before she's even born who knows what type of basket case I'm going to be when she is actually here?!



Kayla : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...