Monday, March 1, 2010

The Move


As most of you know, Caleb and I moved last weekend to a quaint little home that we just love and is perfect for us and Miss Emmalyn.  Here, you will read the moving story.

This is Jen, a very good friend of ours that really stepped up to the job and did all that she could to help.  With my placenta previa issue no one would let me do ANYTHING!!!  However, I got to have fun and spend some time setting things up and decorating with all the great girls!  Jen took the job of lining my cabinets very seriously and did a professional job!



Meet June.  She is in flight school with our guys and is getting married in July!  When you move, you end up noticing so many things that you forgot yo had.  Well, one of those things is a candle that my awesome husband made me before he left for basic training over a year and a half ago.  I was left with instructions to light it, and find the presents that he hid inside.  As I started to watch the candle burn, something wasn't right and it started burning sideways and if I didn't blow the flame out, it would have burnt the house down.  So, I've just had it all this time and when I saw it as I unpacked, I decided to have June and Crissy help me break it open to see the goodies.


AND........



Get it JUNE!


Oh, and in the meantime, this is what everyone else was doing. He he!


The goodies inside were 10 dog tags with sayings on them from our entire relationship.  Some from high school, some from our honeymoon, and others from experiences in the last 2.5 years of marriage.  Such a sweet thought and something I can keep forever and each one tells a story.  I won't give you all the details, but will tell you one of the stories.

On the second night of our honeymoon cruise to Mexico I started feeling seasick in the middle of the night.  I woke Caleb up and he called the medical services and I remember him saying, "could we get some dramamine, my wife is not feeling well."  This was the first time I ever heard the word "wife" spoken by that amazing man describing me!  When I heard it, I cried, just a little ; )  

The thing was that I didn't tell him how much that moment meant to me until we were talking one day and while from then and he mentioned the incident.  Apparently, he had been a little stunned himself with the word usage.  

Hence, the dog tag that reads, "my wife is not feeling well."  





FF5B599B181F0E35DBB969D4695A1165.png

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet, thoughtful husband! I, too remember when I heard Kyle say "wife" for the first time in a call to the front desk on our honeymoon. "Hi, my wife would like to use her straightener. Do you have an adapter she could borrow?" haha I think I teared up a little too. Hope you're feeling well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...