Saturday, September 3, 2011

A pity party that warrants some retail therapy

Caleb is now en route to Iraq.  I haven't talked to him since Friday.  Even though it has only been a few hours, I'm still sad and miss him dearly.  I don't know how, but I do feel the extra distance between us and we have 240 days left until we see each other again (unless by some miracle his unit is granted an R & R which isn't looking great at the moment).

On top of the more difficult communication with my husband, I'll be working my first night shift in a year and half tonight.  Bad timing on my part.

 I am liking my new job more and more though.  The people are great and very personable.

To make myself feel a little better I got a few fall decorations and fall scented candles to celebrate the (hopeful) change of season.




Also to help keep my sanity, my wonderful mother in law kept Emmy for a  few hours while I ran some very and some not so very important errands.  I got a ton done and had some time to do a little retail therapy.  Actually, I didn't get a lot but I did find a white pitcher that I've been wanting for a while.  It was cheaper than the one I had my eye on at Target.  Now, I just need some flowers to put in it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...