Friday, September 30, 2011

Better late than never...

So I know I'm a week late on posting this but last Saturday one of my best friends, Ashley, and her sister, Shannon, came to visit!  After they got to Lexington, we headed downtown to tailgate with some other fun people.

Tara was one of Ashley's roommates in college and I got to know her pretty well.  She is sweet as can be!  After becoming a pharmacist, Tara moved to Nashville, TN to start her adult life.  As she waited in the airport for her flight to return to Nashville after visiting family in SC she met a guy named Joe and they hit it off.  Coincidently, he was also heading to Nashville.  They have now been dating for six months and I finally got to meet him at the tailgate on Saturday.  I loved him!  He was great with Emmalyn, treats Tara well, and is very friendly and charismatic.  Now, we are just waiting on the bling (hint, hint Joe).

Once we got to their tailgate the sky opened up and it poured!  So we all piled underneath the tents and waited it out.  Emmy thought we were all crazy but went with the flow (pun intended) anyway.  

As we waited on the rain to stop we snuck in a few pics!



After playing in the rain Emmy decided she needed a snack.  A chocolate chip cookie would do.


After eating her cookie she noticed something.  A guy with tatoos covering his left calf.  Not knowing what it was she walked right up to him and attempted to wipe the drawings off.  Funniest. thing. ever.  I'm glad the guy took it well.  Mostly because his calf was as big as she is!  Once she realized it wasn't coming off she needed a break...


Then I put my camera to rest and let Joe take the shutter responsibility.  I felt and look pretty frumpy next to these tall, thin beauties, but I love them!



And... Touchdown!  Enough said.


I was so happy to be there while Emmalyn experienced at least part of Gamecock football.  I'm hoping next year Daddy will be with us as we experience Emmalyn's first Williams Brice game!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...