Sunday, August 28, 2011

Some new additions

I mentioned a few posts ago that I had rearranged Emmalyn's room to include a reading nook and got rid of the changing table.  Well, I finally got around to taking some photos.


The bins hold diaper changing things and some toys.  She also had a toy bucket full of stuffed animals that is sitting to the left of the rocking chair.  The chair was my mom's when she was little and then it got passed down to me and now it is Emmy's.  I painted it to match her room and she loves it.  She's pretty good at getting in and out of it now.

Also, note the toy apache helicopter on the right that gets its own cubby.


I hung the paintings that our fellow army wife friend hand painted for her.

But my Emmalyn's new favorite addition is her hand sewn owl from Crissy's sister.  She made it especially for Emmalyn.  We are quite fond of animals in our house, and the new trend of owls everywhere is pulling us in!

Also, the pink basket in the center of the top was a fab find at Ross for $2!!


I also got a new addition to my room.  This lovely monogrammed pillow.  I'm hoping to get ambitious one of these days and make an upholstered headboard.  We have a headboard but it's very low and our mattress is so plush that the pillows hide it. 


Maybe once I catch up with life I'll start some new crafts to show off.  

Hope you all have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. It looks amazing! I love those little elephant paintings. So cute!!

    And yes, I would be so happy for you to share my post from the other day!! : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...