Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Very Unusual Day

What a day we had yesterday!  

I started the day off playing with Emmalyn.  She is cutting more molars and is very clingy, which I loved since I was away from her a lot this week from work.  

When we was napping I cleaned out the car and installed her new convertible car seat.  I know it isn't a big deal, but I was pretty proud of myself for getting it in just right.  


Then the fun started...

As we were getting ready to spend some time with Grandmama, Emmy decided to try to walk while on the bed.  She tripped and fell right into the nightstand.  I picked her up before she hit the floor but wasn't quick enough.  There was blood coming from her mouth and she was screaming.  I wiped and wiped and wiped but it just kept coming.  Finally I realized that her lip wasn't cut so I started looking inside her mouth.  That's when I saw her very swollen gum, only half of her right front tooth, and more blood.  

I called Caleb to let him know we were headed to urgent care and I'd keep him posted.  

Emmy was great.  She had a little white coat syndrome while there but overall she was great.  

My parents, brother, and Crissy were there with us and I think the attention helped her stay distracted.  

The doctor took a closer look and determined that her tooth was chipped off at the gum which caused the bleeding.  We are not yet sure how this will affect her adult tooth that is under the surface but for now we are just thankful that it wasn't worse.  


After getting looked at by the doctor we all went to dinner and Emmy was more than happy to get some food.  She was even taking fries off my plate to eat and this morning she is her normal happy, silly self... Just one tooth short : )

1 comment:

  1. Awww, poor Emmy!!! I bet that scared you to death! Ellasyn misses her friend! :) We need a play date soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...