Monday, August 15, 2011

1 down, 260 to go

Our weekend with Caleb came and went... fast!  

We started our three days off in Charleston with a lunch at Caleb's favorite place... MOE'S!  Then we went to the South Carolina Aquarium which Emmalyn loved!  

Once we got back to Lexington we arrived at Porter's first birthday party.  With the whole Smith clan in attendance, there was a lot going on!  All the kids (including the adults) were having fun: )  There is never a dull moment with this family!

And of course Daddy got to hang out with Porter's dad too!

After partying it up it was time for a bath and bedtime.  Daddy got to help with potty time, bath, and even read Emmy a new bedtime story.  I could help but get a snapshot of this sweet cuddly moment.

The next morning started out slow.  We took our time getting ready in the morning and then took a nap while Emmy napped.  Once she woke up, Caleb wanted to get her but he was gone for a long time so I went into her room to see what was holding him up and found this...

I just had to grab my camera and get a photo.  However, after taking the photo I held my breath as Caleb struggled to get out of the crib in fear that it would break but it didn't... Good to know!

On Saturday night we met my parents for dinner to celebrate my mom's birthday.  I'm pretty sure Emmalyn thought all the celebrating was for her (that's how the only grandchild gets treated!)

Once we were done with dinner we went to the arcade to play some games.  While my parents entertained Emmy for a minute, Caleb and I played a friendly game of skeet ball, which I WON!  Caleb would tell you I was just lucky, but I'm sticking to it being all skill!

Sunday was another lazy day spent with Caleb's parents.  After church we had steak and potatoes for lunch and read books with Emmy.  She loved showing us the animals.

After relaxing while Emmy napped, we took a walk around the pond and played outside.

That night, while Caleb's parents stayed with Emmalyn, we got to spend some time together alone.  We went putt putting at Frankie's Fun Park and then to dinner at Yamato's!  It was so great to be alone with him and not have to be concerned with another person.  I felt like we were back in high school!

Then Monday came.  

The entire morning I felt like my stomach was in my throat and I was nauseous.  However, once we got to the airport I felt peace and was just thankful for the extra time we got to spend with Caleb before he headed overseas.  

Emmy was so tired at the airport that she was delirious and it was so funny!  She would be in my arms and then launch herself to Caleb and then back to me laughing the whole time.  She lifted our spirits and made us laugh during a very tense time.  

Even though we were crying as we kissed good bye we know God has this all under control and we can only trust Him. 

Being an army wife really makes you cherish the small moments even more and I'm looking forward to the next time we get moments like this... whenever the army decides that will be.  

And they're off...  1 day down.  260 days to go.

Thank you all for keeping us in your prayers and for supporting the soldiers and their families.  The words of encouragement mean more than you know!

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine going through what y'all do but I'm grateful for it. Just know that every day, my husband and I pray for y'all and all of the the families just like yours.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...