Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Christmas in July??

I've always hated that statement.  Christmas is such an amazing time of year and everything that goes with it like the snow (in more northern states), big coats, scarves, caroling, lights, hats, fires, you get my drift.  And July is unique in its own way.  The hottest and longest days of the year occur in July.  It's typical beach bum weather and smells of sun screen fill the humid air.  Also, I turn a year older every July.

So, I started thinking.  If we can have Christmas in July, why can't we have New Years in August?  I've been thinking and praying for myself lately.  What do I want to do with my life - or better yet, what does God want me to do with my life?  Is this it?  What more can I do/be?




~ Be more frugal

~ Smile more

~ Offer more selfless services

~ Write more thank you notes

~ Call old friends more often

~ Thank God more often

~ Workout



I start my new job on Monday... Finally!  I'm excited and nervous.  It will get me out of the house for more than to just spend money and will allow me to reach a whole new variety of people to share God's love with.  Prayers are needed/welcome.

Thanks for reading my thoughts today.  I know it wasn't the more interesting post but I'll keep you posted on my "August Resolutions" and I promise the next post will be full of recent photos!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...