Monday, February 28, 2011

Barbeque Chicken Pizza


Tonight I am featuring a recipe from my friend Sarah.  She is not a blogger but I met her while both of our husbands were in flight school and her barbeque chicken pizza always made the men drool!

First start with some pizza dough.  You can make your own, but I just use the Wal-mart brand and we love it (you'll probably need two cans).


Once you have spread the dough on your cookie sheet or stone, add your favorite barbeque sauce.  We love Sweet Baby Ray's brand, but I think we got it the first time just because the hubs thought it sounded cool ; )



Spread it all over!  As you are doing this you'll need to be cooking chicken.  I just cut a couple of chicken breasts into bite sized pieces and cook over the stove top with some everyday seasonings.  


Take your chicken from the stove and add to the pizza.  Now, this is a ton of chicken for one pizza!  Once our family grows more and I have more mouths to feed I'll probably still use the same amount of chicken, but make two pizzas out of it.



Then add cheese.  You'll want to add the cheese last so it can adhere to the chicken and the dough.  Otherwise some chicken pieces will roll off while you or your guests are trying to eat it.


Then cook according to dough instructions and...


Viola!

Pair with some green or baked beans and you've got a complete meal that you and the hubs will love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...