Thursday, August 9, 2012

 Being a nurse is kind of awesome.  I mean a part from the 12 hour days that sometimes seem to drag on for forever, I only work 3 days a week.  It is much better working day hours too instead of working nights and losing valuable daylight due to the need of sleep.

Anyway, if I have to be a working mom, this is the best way I could do it outside of the home.  I can pretty much make my own schedule, I'm home at bedtime every night and I get 4 days off a week - which makes for fun times with my Emmy.

It is crazy how much she is learning and growing lately.  Sometimes while we are playing I'll just stop and look at her wondering when in the world she got to big and smart.  It really does blow my mind.

I just had two days off to be with her and we had a blast together.  As we were gearing up Tuesday to head to a photoshoot, the sky started falling so I rescheduled and Emmy and I stayed home.  We spent our time watching the rain, listening and dancing to music and her brushing my hair (she brushes my hair at least once a day!).



During our dance party, Emmy realized she had a "boo boo" on her elbow that needed to be kissed...


And then she decided that since she had a boo boo (that has been on her elbow for two days now), she needed a popsicle.  


Then, like every night, we get ready for bed.  She usually takes a bath and we let her cuddle on the couch with us for a few minutes before heading to her room for a bed time story.  We read a short story, say a prayer, and then she asks me to sing the "Jesus song" (Jesus Loves Me) as she sings along with me.  I never want to forget these sweet moments as she grows up.


Today Emmy pooped in the potty all on her own initiation!  I was so proud!  We called Daddy and Memama to tell them about it and when we were done bragging she starting hopping around the house saying  "I poopied!  I poopied!"  Since I was planning to go to Micheal's anyway, I told her we could get her a special prize for being such a big girl - as we were in the checkout at Micheal's Emmy told the cashier that she was getting a horsey because she "poopied in the potty!"  The cashier was so helpful in being just as excited and telling Emmy she was big girl!  I loved it!

We left Micheal's and headed home with a few projects to complete.  One was a chevron initial plaque that Crissy made for a friend of hers and I decided I needed to copy it.  


I will say that making a perfect chevron pattern, while appealing to the eye, is no small task, but I love how it turned out.  

  

Of course Emmy had to join in the craftiness too, so I set her up with her own project.  I love how girly she is - like her mama!


And during Emmy's nap time I worked on a "what a difference a day makes" date sheet.  They are all over Etsy these days, but I had a spare frame lying around and thought I put it to good use instead of spending $20 for someone else to make it.  I'm not completely satisfied by how it turned out and it actually took a while to do, but at least I have a template now and can tweak it some more when I have the time.



 Working makes days like these, priceless!


1 comment:

  1. What I would do to have time to be crafty like you! I love all what you did! So cute. And that's great that Emmy is starting to initiate potty time! On another note, I sent you an email 2 weeks ago to your photography email address but I'm not sure if you got it?? I was wanting to know if I could schedule a time in Sept for you to take outside pics of my family, but mostly of Morgan. Let me know if you're available. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...