Monday, December 12, 2011

Camouflage and Christmas Lights

So, I've been pretty selfish lately being all sad about not having Caleb here for Christmas, but didn't think about how he was actually going to spend his Christmas in Kuwait.

Here, I've got a big tree that smells amazing, I'm surrounded by our families, I get to eat our favorite foods made with love by our mothers, and I get to see Emmy wake up on Christmas morning and open her presents.  Caleb will be doing what he does everyday.  Other than a turkey and dressing dinner, Christmas won't be any different for him this year.  Another reason I need to thank God for a many blessings I over look and take for granted.

I know it is hard for the families to have a missing piece of their Christmas, but the soldiers are missing all the luxuries that we get.  Please remember them while you are drinking hot cider and watching Christmas movies with your family or opening presents in your warm pajamas.

May 1, 2012 cannot come soon enough!!!!

Camouflage and Christmas Lights

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...