Tuesday, December 7, 2010

This weekend my little family and I took a short 24 hour trip to Fort Benning to meet my new niece, Abigail (Abby).  She was born December 2 and only weighed 6 lbs 11oz!  She came pretty fast so her mother had no time for medication... Good thing she was small!  

While we were visiting, Alecia's mother and sister were visiting as well.  I love it when Marti and Sarah are around because they are photographers too and I have learned a great deal from them.  At one point, we had Abby on her mom and dad's bed while the three of us moved around each other taking pictures of the various poses we put her in.  It was so much fun!

Here's what I captured!


She was very alert for on being three days old! 



Her awesome mommy!


Marti took a break of photographing her newest grandchild to take a family photo for us.  Not our best moment.  I was so tired because the night before Emmalyn decided it would be fun to turn sideways in her pack-n-play and kick the bars.  She had a blast...at 2am!  And, since Caleb and I were sleeping just a few feet from her, we were up listening to her coo and giggle!  I still can't get enough of her even when I get barely any sleep.

Anytime we can get a chance to have a family picture I jump at the opportunity and to have someone with such great photography experience offer to take it, meant so much to me!




Now, backtracking a little.  On Friday, Emmalyn and I did a little Christmas shopping at the mall.  She loved it!  It is so amazing to see her expressions as she experiences things for the first time.  She's a very curious baby and everything we looked at she wanted to touch.  Every new person that holds her these days she touches their face as she studies it.  Feeling that sweet, small hand on your skin makes my heart melt!  So far she's really friendly to "strangers" unless she is tired and then she wants to be held by someone she knows well if we are out somewhere.  

I love my little family so much and feel so blessed that God chose me to be the wife to a wonderful soldier and the mother to a precious child!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...