Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Prayers Please

Today, I am thankful for my brother's life.

Last night my brother and his friend, Amanda, left a chinese restaurant where they ate with my dad after hunting for deer, and found themselves upside down, beat up, and in need of emergency personnel.

On the way back to their dorms at the University of South Carolina Aiken campus, my brother lost control of his truck and as he was trying to correct it, the truck rolled four times and finally stopped on its hood.  Both my brother and his friend walked away from the scene of the accident.  They are currently in the hospital.

My brother will have surgery on his left hand from a shattered bone and he will be put into a back brace for three months due to a L4 compression fracture in his back.

His friend Amanda, will undergo spinal surgery tomorrow morning due to broken vertebrae in her neck.

Although they are both banged up a bruised and not to mention very shaken up, they are in good spirits and know they are very blessed to be alive and not have any worse injuries.

Through this upsetting incident, God has shown his love in many ways.  Amanda's step-father has come to Christ after practicing Judaism his whole life.

We are hoping that the testimony of these two spared lives will speak to others and show God's blessings.  However, they still need prayers for their health and the wisdom of the medical staff working on their cases.  Please pray for my brother and his friend as they recover physically and mentally.


 My brother, Justin and his favorite (only) niece. 




2 comments:

  1. I literally just got chills reading that about her Stepfather! God works in mysterious ways, but He knows his plan! I'm praying for both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about your brother but thankful that he walking away with 'minor' injuries....considering!

    What an amazing story to hear about a man finding Christ during a time like this! Praise the Lord! Gave me some serious chills!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...