Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Challenge for Me

Well, I'm sitting at home with my Emmy watching netflix while I should be packing for our trip to SC.  I'm also a bit nervous.  Caleb and I looked at our budget and decided that I would attempt to take our Christmas pictures this year.

For the past two Christmases of our married life, we have had our pictures taken by Sara Parker and she did an amazing job both times and I didn't have to worry about how they would turn out because I had all confidence in her.  However, with us in Alabama and her in SC it is hard to get together for pictures.  So I set out to search for a photographer in our area.  There are some great photographers in AL but we cannot travel far because Caleb's schedule is so busy!

I finally found a girl and we set a date, but on the day of our shoot, she canceled.  I will admit, I was a little heartbroken.  I have been looking forward to getting some pictures done of our family that I wouldn't have to worry about.  I'm always the one with the camera capturing the special moments, and in all honesty, I don't trust anyone else to do it.  I don't mind it.  I actually love it!  But this does pose a problem when it comes to needing photos of all three of us.

So, my search began again.

I searched, and searched, and searched.

I didn't like what I found.

So, Caleb and I discussed our options.  We came to the conclusion that I should at least try to get the photos I desire.

I. am. so. nervous.

I did tell Caleb that he will need to be very patient with me on the day that we decided to take the photos.

We shall see how this goes.  If my husband still wants to be my husband :)  and if we even get one good picture of us I will consider it a success.

This may not seem like a big deal to some, but for an aspiring photographer pictures mean a lot and having good ones mean even more.  There are so many things that are constantly going through a photographer's mind when they are shooting that other people don't even know to consider.  Things like shadows, composition, background, white balance, ISO, focus, light placement and the list goes on and on and on...

This will definitely be a challenge for me, but I'm totally up for it.  I will let you know how it goes!

Until then, I'll be taking photos for some South Carolinians which I'm much better at!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your sweet comment Kayla! It made my day! Where in lower Alabama are you? I grew up in Troy, AL. I know a couple photographers that way. I could refer you to if I knew what city! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, but wait, you decided to do them yourself...duh! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know a couple of people in troy that are WAY expensive. But there is one girl that I think is pretty affordable. I don't know her, but I have a lot of friends on FB that have used her. her website is www.milestonesbybeth.com.

    Good luck with your photography business! If you ever need any help with anything send me an email, I'd be happy to help! nicole@dorothynicolephotography.com.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...