Saturday, April 3, 2010

One Thousand Gifts

I have an acquaintance's blog that I read weekly and since the first of this year, she has been writing 10 things a week that she is thankful for.  Its called One Thousand Gifts.  Its pretty much just writing 10 things a week that you are grateful for to remind ourselves how blessed we truly are.  Its funny, because none of her gifts so far have been about material things which I think is great.  I've been thinking about this for awhile, and I'm going to start this once a week gift post.  I do think randomly of things I'm thankful for and how blessed I am, but I think for everyone it would make us appreciate our God so much more if we sat down once a week and wrote out ten things that he has blessed us with.  Not that I'm not already happy, but I think that writing these will force me to remember just how much Christ does love us and wants to be happy.  I mean, he did have his own son die a brutal death just to have us enjoy eternity with him in paradise (hmmmm, wonder if we'll have cheeseburgers in paradise- ha ha, that was a little corny joke).

So, anyway, that's my explanation to why I'm starting this weekly post.  I encourage you all to sit down once a week and give thanks to Christ for all that he has blessed you with as well.  Couldn't we make one prayer a week dedicated to praising him instead of asking more of him?


1. The kicks that I feel daily in my belly from my daughter

2. seeing the people I love smiling

3. a loving husband that works so hard for his family and his country

4. hearing the birds singing outside my window in the mornings

5. a clean house (because it doesn't stay like that for long)

6. cooking (when I put the meal on the table its kind of like my Cast Away "look with I have created" moment :)

7. I'm still working on this one, but learning that God is in control and worry is wasteful.  Now, I just need to figure out what to do with all that extra time : )

8. Seeing God's beauty through my camera lens whether it be his own children or nature

9. Chocolate milk

10. short afternoon naps

Kayla : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...