Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My Favorite Movies - you may not have heard of them

Talk about a love story. This movie is about love that grabs this chick and won't let her go, during the worst time in her life. I think every woman wants to be chased by a man the way she was chased in this story. This is the ultimate secret admirer love story.


This movie is about 4 friends going through the time in a girl's life when she is trying to figure out who she is apart from everyone else. The soundtrack is awesome! This summer that I watched this for the first time I bought a pair of ocean pacific shoes and wore long shorts with them acting like I was in the 60's. I love how during that time these girls would be gone all day long riding their bikes to where ever moved them and it was no big deal. If only the world was still that carefree.


Ah Andre. Every time I see this movie I cry. For a while (and still, secretly) I wanted a pet seal : ) I'm such an animal lover and this movie just made me happy and sad at the same time. I pretty much learned about how aging works from this movie. The little girl meets up with Andre, they become great friends and she practically raises the seal, but the APA put Andre in the local zoo. He then starts to act out and they let him go into the wild where he came from. Every summer for migration he swims back to her, until one summer, during her adult years, he doesn't show. I'm going to cry just thinking about it. It is a true story and at the end there is real footage of Andre with the Whitney family. It is an amazing story and a great family movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...