Friday, December 11, 2009

Letter to my unborn child

I wrote this about 6 weeks ago.  Its hard to imagine that wasn't that long ago.  Caleb was in SERE at the time and away and I couldn't sleep so I decided to start a pregnancy journal.  This was my first entry.

To My Unborn Child,
Today I have had you in my tummy for 6 weeks and 4 days.  Mommy is not feeling very well, but I'm okay with that because I know that it is all for you.  I love you to the moon and back already.

It has been hard not to tell the family about your existence, but for now you are mom and dad's very tiny secret.  You are now the size of a pea and your heart just started beating this week.  Mommy is trying her best to eat healthy and remember to take her vitamins so that you can grow big and strong!  The next few weeks are very important because not only will you be growing so fast, but all of your important body parts are forming too.  Your heart, and brain, and even your arms and legs.

Daddy has not been around for the past 3 weeks, but he is coming home on Sunday and I could not be happier.  I want to tell him all I've learned about you and how much I love you and talk to the one person in the world that loves you as much as I do.  Dixie and Bumper haven't quite been great to have conversations with.

Last week at work I tried to see you on the fuzzy black and white screen at work, but apparently you like to hide, just like your daddy.  However, on Wednesday, you need to show your face because Dr. Pollard needs to see how big you are and mom and dad would love to see your heart beating.  Until then, get some rest and mommy will try to do the same.  Can't wait to wave to you on Wednesday!



                                                  I'll love you forever 


                                                  I'll like you for always, 
                                                  As long as I'm living 
                                                  My baby you'll be.


Love , 
     Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...