Wednesday, March 28, 2012

My Weekend With Ashley

Here is an overview of my weekend in Atlanta!  I know it was almost two weeks ago, but better late than never!

I left Emmy with grandparents for the weekend so I could travel to Atlanta to visit my best friend from college, Ashley.  We had a very laid back visit planned and it was just what I needed!

 I arrived around lunch time on Saturday.  We started our time off catching up before heading to the mall to do some spring shopping.




After tiring ourselves out from shopping, we got some sparkling wine and went back to Ashley's to rest up before dinner.


Dinner was great!  Sushi on a terrace overlooking the night lights of the city while talking about life and our future. So up my alley!  



The next morning we went to Ashley's church then walked to another great restaurant where we ate outside on a beautiful day!!!


After getting our bellies full, we ventured to... IKEA!!!!

I had a few things I definitely wanted to purchase, but also introduced Ashley to the amazingness of IKEA!

I think she is a fan!


Sitting in my new dining room chairs...I WISH!


After I found all that I needed we headed back for me to start packing my stuff up to go home - but not before deciding to stop for a little treat for all the calories we burned from shopping so much in the past 36 hours!


The weekend was very needed for me!  I loved just being Kayla, and not having to use most of my brain power thinking about what Emmy needed next (i.e. a nap, food, a story, some exercise outside etc.).  I love being a mom.  I love being Emmy's mom, but I think all moms need a few days to themselves every once in a while to remember that they are people too.  I'm so thankful for all the people in my life who helped me make this weekend happen without a husband around.  I can't wait to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...