Monday, November 29, 2010


Our Thanksgiving was GREAT (Just in case you were wondering).  We didn't get on the road until 8pm so we didn't make it to my parents until about 3:30am on Thursday, but Emmalyn did so well!  She slept most of the time and when she did wake up she didn't even whimper.  

On Thursday we had lunch with my family.  While the food was cooking (and mom and dad recuperated from the long late-night drive) my brother read a few Fancy Nancy books to Emmalyn.  She thought he was the best thing since sliced bread after that (or in her case, mushed up bananas).  


After lunch Grandmama and Emmalyn had some special time together while Caleb, my brother, my dad, and I went hunting for deer.  We saw nothing.  It was boring.  We left.  Boo.

Then Friday came!  My mom (Grandmama) and I woke up crazy early to wait in line for an IPOD touch for my brother.  I'm not going to even get into that fiasco of a story, but lets just say it's pretty funny and we got pretty lucky! 

After coming home to sleep a little more, we ventured out to the gun club to shoot a few rounds.  Can you tell we are southerners or what?!  It was really a lot of fun.  Especially since my dad knows so much about and collects old guns from the 1800's.  



After shooting, my little family traveled to see Caleb's parents.  Ama and Bapa.  We had our third Thanksgiving dinner of the holiday there and boy was it good!  Before dinner we watched the Alabama/Auburn football game and I got some great shots of Caleb's parents with their sixth born grandchild.  Our family is currently waiting on number eight to pop out!  

Emmalyn had a ball with Ama and Bapa!



...And, then she got tired.


The next morning we ventured to spend a little bit of time with our friends Brandon and Beth who had a son about two months after Emmalyn was born.  Even though Porter is two months younger than Emmy, he weighs almost four pounds more than she does.  We call him Porter Pounder!  It was great to catch up and have the babies meet.  


Next, and last, on our trip, we spent the last night with my parents and watched the Carolina/Clemson rivalry game!!!!  We are Carolina alumni (Caleb, my dad, me and now my brother is a student there) so this game was a must see.  Emmalyn even took a "happy nappy" before the game so she could stay up a little longer to watch it with us.  She cuddled with dad while it was on.  I'm happy to say we won 29 to 7!  It may just be a game, but it makes me all warm inside to know that we won!


Our Thanksgiving involved a lot of traveling, but its only because we have so many people in our lives to be thankful for.  I feel so blessed that my child is loved by so many.  Now, on to Christmas decorating, cooking making, carol singing and present wrapping.  I LOVE this time of year and am so happy to be spending it with my precious daughter and her wonderful daddy!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...