Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A little of this and a little of that

So, an update on Emmalyn will come after this post.  However, the past two days have been very busy getting the house ready for visitors.  Cleaning and organizing mostly, but I did find some time to finish some vinyl projects.

This may be hard to see on the computer screen, but it looks great above my back door.  The vinyl is the same color as the walls and says "Home Sweet Home."  LOVE IT!


This little pretty hangs above the TV console.  I order the vinyl from etsy sellers and they are usually well priced and then buy wood at Lowes and cut, sand, and paint before adding the vinyl.  Being in the military and moving often causes me to find things that will travel well.  Even though vinyl is usually used on walls, I won't be able to take it with me when we leave, so I use wood or canvases instead.



And last, a little present from my husband.  No, we are not alcoholics and these three bottle will probably take us a while to go through, but Caleb thought that I would like to have some wine available for after Emmalyn's birth and we can celebrate with our parents while they are here.  This particular wine is a South African recipe that Caleb tried a few weeks ago and thought I would enjoy as well.  I thought this gift was so thoughtful and celebratory.  



Check soon for the nursery and Emmalyn update!


Kayla : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...