Thursday, November 26, 2009

What I'm Thankful For

This Thanksgiving is so special.  Living 400 miles away from family has been different this year and the fact that we get to visit both of our families for both Thanksgiving and Christmas is amazing.  God has been so good to us this year and I see him working in my friends and families lives everyday... That makes me so thankful.

However, this holiday season is the last one that Caleb and I will have alone.  God is working on a few other unseen things (but definitely felt) inside me.  Next year, we will be celebrating Thanksgiving and the gift of God's life with our own little one.



This is what we saw on October 11th.  A life changing word.  We are so excited!
We had our first Dr. appointment on November 4th and because it was probably the only appointment Caleb will be able to attend, my doctor let us have a sonogram.  Once we saw the heart beating we both lost our breath.  It was so amazing and surreal to think that there is a small, very small human growing in there and that it was ours, it is us.

Here is our little one - about a month ago.
  









I have to admit that I love working in the nursery because I can sneak over to the labor and delivery dept to take a peak at our little one.  Now it has distinctive arms and legs and fingers and toes and a very big head.  The other night I was looking at baby Wilkes and saw "it" playing with its little hands.  I just laid there watching it play and was amazed at what God has done.  Every decision I've been making since we found out has been especially with the health and safety of this little one in mind.  And I love it!

So this year I'm Thanking God for this amazing gift and praying I will make good decisions as a mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...