Friday, October 5, 2012

A Bittersweet Weekend

This weekend will be a bittersweet, busy one.

Today I'll be attending the funeral of a very sweet little girl named Braelyn.  Her parents are dear friends to Caleb and me and honestly attending the funeral is the least that we can during such a senseless time.  We have been praying so hard as a family for them, but also praising God knowing that little Braelyn is singing and dancing with Him. 

One day some parents brought their little children to Jesus so he could touch and bless them. But when the disciples saw this, they scolded the parents for bothering him. Then Jesus called for the children and said to the disciples, “Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of God belongs to those who are like these children. I tell you the truth, anyone who doesn’t receive the Kingdom of God like a child will never enter it.” 
Luke 18: 15-17

 
Jesus called a little child to him and put the child among them.  Then he said, “I tell you the truth, unless you turn from your sins and become like little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven.  So anyone who becomes as humble as this little child is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven.

Matthew 18: 2-4


After we celebrate the short, but touching life of sweet Braelyn, I'll be spending some girl time with one of my besties, Ashley.  I can hardly wait to see her and catch up.  Whenever we get together we do all the girly stuff that Caleb just rolls his eyes at.  We shop, watch chick flicks, read blogs, talk about our skin care and new found fashion obsessions.  I'm so blessed to have this wonderful woman in my life and can't wait to make more memories this weekend.

On Saturday, we will be cheering on our Gamecocks as they play against the Georgia Bulldogs.  I'm excited and a teensy bit nervous!

Then it is photo shoot central on Sunday.  My photo sessions always pick up in October and they have been going so well lately.  I just wonder when I'll have time to get my own family's photos done?!

So while I ponder over that one, check out Carrie's session on the photography blog!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...