Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A Photo Dilemma

When you are an aspiring photographer you rarely get pictures taken of yourself.  Mostly because I don't really trust anyone else to take shots of the important times in my life which pretty much revolve around my husband's flying and the milestones he's been through to get to where he is and my daughter's milestones (like smiling, funny facial expressions, different sleeping positions etc.).
Back in SC we got the very talented Sara Parker to take all of our family photos since our first year of marriage but we live 400 miles away now and even though I get to take trips to SC with Emmalyn, Caleb's career does not allow much time for him to get away so "family" pictures with one major individual missing are not really family pictures.  So, what's a girl to do?  How do I get good family pictures that I'm also in?  There's always the tripod, but with a 2 month old, the time it takes to set it up with every scenery change doesn't seem very practical.

Sure, I can find another photographer and pay him/her for pictures, but since looking around for one I'm amazed at how expensive this can get!  I mean come on people we are in a recession!

Being so passionate about photography I think it is important to document life in a picture and to have the memories that make time stand still right in front of you, but I don't know if it is worth hundreds of dollars for only a few photos.

The other thing is that I love taking pictures of other people and especially of the people I love, but when I get in front of the camera I pull out a fake smile and freeze.  I'm behind the black box so much that I don't really know what to do in front of it so I need a competent photographer to take photos of my family that include me.

Who knows, I might try the the tripod method with my two short attention span family members once the weather starts to cool down a bit.  We will see how it goes.  Until then, I'll just continue to be behind the camera and take pictures of my cute daughter.

The many faces of Emmalyn - All taken within 1 minute
















Kayla : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...