Thursday, April 25, 2013

20 weeks

So, it's been a month since I did a pregnancy update.  This is going by WAY TOO FAST!  There is so much to do in such a short period of time and all I really want is a vacation from life for a few days.  Alas, that is not the case, so here is an update.



How far along?  20 Weeks and 4 days

Size of baby M?  Baby W is the size of a cantaloupe


 
Total weight gain/loss: 8 pounds.  So good so far, but hoping to keep it around 20lbs by the end since I was overweight to begin with.  I have been doing a lot of walking for exercise this go round, when I did nothing while I was pregnant with Emmalyn.  I'll see if it helps.

Maternity clothes? Yes.

Sleep:  Eh.  I blame it more on allergies than the pregnancy.

Best moments this month:
* Emmy telling me that Jesus is in my belly helping the baby grow.
* feeling lots and lots of kicks.  Especially after I eat. I guess this baby loves food just as much as I do.

Miss Anything? Honestly, alcohol, which makes me sound like an alchie, but I'm not, I promise.  I'd just like a glass or wine or a beer every now and again.
Movement: all the time!

Food cravings: Salad, yogurt, red meat, milk, fruit
Anything making you queasy or sick: eating too much or not having anything on my stomach.  It has been an art trying to figure out the perfect amount of food to eat that won't make me nauseous.  I usually eat about 5 or 6 times a day right now.

Symptoms: headaches, nausea, tiredness
Happy or Moody most of the time: I'm gonna go ahead and say it.  I've been really moody this go round!
Have you started to show yet: Much to my embarrassment, yes 
Gender prediction:  I really have no idea.  We had the anatomy scan yesterday, but didn't look at the gender.  Right now, only two people know for sure what it is and they aren't telling.  I still can't believe we are actually doing this.
  
Labor Signs: None
 
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
 
Looking forward to: I can't wait for Caleb and Emmy to be able to feel the baby move

...And getting the necessities for the baby.  Some things that are on our list:



I also want to get a new bath tub for this baby.  The one we got for Emmy turned out to be not so great.  Any suggestions for mamas out there?




1 comment:

  1. I saw an ad for that car seat the other day and it looks awesome!! I know the little lady/man will think it's great too!! Great to see you and your little baby bundle the other day. We definitely need to get our girls together soon!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...