Tuesday, February 26, 2013

All about Emmy


I figured I should do a post on the big sister to be and how much she has grown up lately! 

Our girl melts my heart at least once a day with her sensitiveness and big heart.  Since this pregnancy started with all the tiredness and nausea Emmy asks often if I'm sick or tired.  She is constantly concerned about me and the baby. Anyway, enough of my biased opinions of how amazing my child is - here is the latest with Emmy.

Favorite sayings:
"You wanna pwray wif me?"
"Emmy don't like that!"
"Emmy need..."
"I miss you so much."
"oooh, Emmy like..." 
"are you kiddin me?"
"Emmy wanna cuddle"


Favorite activities:
coloring
playing with her Calico Critters house
putting on make up with mommy
reading to anyone who will listen
helping us cook
helping us clean (when she's in the mood)
walking at the duck pond and playing on the playground
going shopping with Memomma
going to play at Ama and Bopa's house
listening to her bible cds in the car
dancing with whomever will dance with her
chasing Memomma's dogs
cuddling when tired
attempts to write her letters and eventually will have you write what she wants for her




Favorite foods:
any kind of fruit!  Just like her Daddy!
pizza
macaroni and cheese
gushers
yogurt
cookies
noodles
waffles





 She loves to take baths and will stay in the tub until she is all wrinkly and the water is cold.



She loves when babies come over, like Hilton.

 

Emmy is our girly-girl with an adventurous side.  She loves to have her nails painted and to play mommy with her dolls and later go outside to chase the ducks, and watch for airplanes and helicopters.  She loves all animals and still talks about riding the elephant at the fair in October.  She lets me know that she missed me on the days I have to work and is quick to apologize when she has done something wrong.  She loves to be silly and helpful, and she wears her heart on her sleeve.  I love this girl so much! 

And my proudest moment yet as a mom happened just last night.  Emmy was "reading" to me from her bible about the "baby Jesus" story.  She said "God said, 'Jesus is a baby.  Not just a boy.  He is God's son'."  I was so proud, so I sat her on my lap to tell her how much I love her and right she was and she said, 
"Jesus lives in my heart." 

BE STILL MY HEART!!!!

God is so good and I'm thankful that it seems my prayers for the heart of my child are being answered.

1 comment:

  1. i cannot get over that last picture.

    or how cute and sweet and smart she is.

    and i'm not biased at all ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...