Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Christmas decor

Riding around in my car with the windows down on the way to get more Christmas presents, doesn't really make one feel like it is only 20 days until Christmas.  But, the stockings are up, the tree is decorated, and the Christmas cards have been mailed, so I guess it is Christmastime. 

Here are the Christmas sights around our house.


The tree.  Every year we purchase an ornament symbolic of something memorable from the past year.  I love that we started this tradition during our first year of marriage.  I haven't found what I want to get for this year yet, but I'm diligently looking everywhere!

I have been looking for an advent calendar for Emmy to participate with.  I found this train at Hobby Lobby for half off!  I love it and Emmy does too!


This year we have a mantel.  Who knows if we'll have one next year, but I love having a mantel, especially at Christmas.  This year, I made the NOEL to put on above the stockings.



This Santa was given to me by my Mother-in-law.  I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it and was so happy when she gave it to me.  Emmy has enjoyed pointing out every detail on him.

While decorating our tree, Caleb wrapped Emmy up in lights.  Even though I had to snap fast to get a photo of it and it didn't come out crisp, I still like the lighting.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...