Tuesday, January 6, 2009

No. 1

I've decided to start blogging. Something to get my thoughts out and let anyone who wants to know, what's going on with Caleb and me. The title comes from a lesson learned in the past 1 1/2 years of marriage. There are many things in life that are unpredictable or things that happen that were not planned for, but instead of getting into a tizzy about how this wasn't next on the list or planned for at all, I've learned to trust God (the only one who's plan matters anyway) and look for the positive in each situation.
Case in point: I am now the wife of an aspiring Apache pilot in the Army National Guard. The love of my life and high school sweetheart, Caleb. I had our life mapped out, what would happen each year and milestones I've planned on since I was little. I have no idea what happened to those plans. They kind of disappeared when a month into our marriage (and after dating him for 6 years) Caleb casually mentioned one day "what would you think about me becoming a helicopter pilot?" And, here we are, well on our way down that path. One I NEVER thought I'd be on, but God showed me that his plan is the ONLY one and what is meant to be will and not to fear because he is running the show. That provides a little comfort, but I still have to remind myself that I need to find the bliss in this unpredictable life, or I'll go crazy.
So, I'll try to keep things updated and let you guys know our status and how I'm doing rolling with the punches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...