Monday, January 27, 2014

SAHM vs WM - My Two Cents



I'm a stay at home mom.  I enjoy being a SAHM.  I have not always been a SAHM and it bugged me on a daily basis.  I would feel sick to my stomach going to work.  Not that I didn't like my job, but because I ached to be with Emmy.  This is not the case for every mom. 

I was at a play date yesterday with a working mom.  She mentioned this video.  Granted, it is a heartwarming short film about how sweet motherhood is and taking care of kids day in and day out is tedious and not for everyone, but do SAHM think that working moms don't do the same things on a daily basis that we do?  I mean, we all love our children and just because one mom stays home or goes to work doesn't mean that any one of us love our kids any less.

I feel like there is a war going on between SAHM and WM (working moms) that doesn't need to be happening and it is kind of sad that the judging is happening when all we should be doing is concentrating on raising our children to the best of our ability and building each other up.

We all have sleepless nights, we all play nurse to a sick child, we all discipline for unacceptable behavior, we all feed our children, we play with our kids, and teach them our values.  No one of us should be idolizing our way of life and judging others for not choosing our lifestyle. 

I don't know about other moms, but I'm just trying to stay sane on a daily basis.

There are videos of working moms too.  Like this one (it is long and I skipped through some parts, but it does show that working moms are no less "mom" than SAHMs.

I just want to reiterate that we are called "mom" and whether we stay home or work (in any sense) our responsibilities are the same and taking care of our kids should be our highest priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...